POSTER: Decision Quality
All Decisions Are Not Created Equal
Most of the time, people make decisions for reasons. But as Benjamin Franklin pointed out, that means we can find a "good reason" for anything we already want to do. In other words, having a reason doesn't make it a good decision.
So how do we ensure good decisions? Great decisions rely on actual evidence, based on current outcomes we can measure. But when you don't have solid evidence yet, principles are the best initial guideposts. Principles are simple, time-tested truths that rely on past evidence to point the way forward. And if you're not sure about the principles, you can look ahead to the likely impacts on the clients, the workers, and the world for a good starting point in your decision-making.
Use the chart below to train teams to make great decisions—and to stop making decisions based on gut instinct or "reasons."
This is just an Excerpt of the full article
Free NEVERBOSS Book Resources
Posters, charts, and tools you've seen in the story.
Start transforming your organization NOW.
The Hands-Off Leadership Community
Start mastering Hands-Off Leadership:
- Get the NEVERBOSS and Hands-Off Leadership resources you read about in the book.
- Help and be helped.
- Chat and build relationships with coaches and other Hands-Off Leaders worldwide.
- Help improve our collaborative tools.
- Be notified as new NEVERBOSS resources are released.
Join us in changing the way the world leads.
Get access to all the NEVERBOSS book resources.
Leadership Is Social!
Join the Conversation on Any Page
- Share your thoughts in the comment boxes at the bottom
- Discuss and connect outside of Neverboss U using social media
- Add comments and corrections directly to resource documents. Share insights, make suggestions.
- Practice "collaborative building" together, which is so important to Hands-Off Leadership.