POSTER: The Leadership Steps™
Step Up, Step Beside, Step Away
Great leaders give away power and authority. But they don't give it out willy-nilly, nor do they hold on to power and control as long as possible. They follow clear steps to give authority as fast as people are capable of handling it.
At each step, great leaders know WHAT that step means, and they know WHY they are on that step. Knowing that tells them WHEN to move to the next step, and HOW to interact on the next one. The entire chart moves the WHO from you to them without chaos or confusion.
Use the chart below to make the path clear to everyone, and to inspire your team to step up and take ownership quickly. When they know that Stepping Away is your serious goal, they will fall all over themselves to make it possible. And that frees you and them.
This is just an Excerpt of the full article
Free NEVERBOSS Book Resources
Posters, charts, and tools you've seen in the story.
Start transforming your organization NOW.
The Hands-Off Leadership Community
Start mastering Hands-Off Leadership:
- Get the NEVERBOSS and Hands-Off Leadership resources you read about in the book.
- Help and be helped.
- Chat and build relationships with coaches and other Hands-Off Leaders worldwide.
- Help improve our collaborative tools.
- Be notified as new NEVERBOSS resources are released.
Join us in changing the way the world leads.
Get access to all the NEVERBOSS book resources.
Leadership Is Social!
Join the Conversation on Any Page
- Share your thoughts in the comment boxes at the bottom
- Discuss and connect outside of Neverboss U using social media
- Add comments and corrections directly to resource documents. Share insights, make suggestions.
- Practice "collaborative building" together, which is so important to Hands-Off Leadership.