INTRO: Collaborating with Google Docs
Why Google Documents (or Similar)?
Your tools can make or break your leadership.
One manager insists on emailing standalone documents back and forth. Surprisingly, this hurts his ability to lead! Here's why:
- You can't see each other edit in the same document at the same time, so simultaneous collaboration is impossible.
- This means you need to "make your changes and send them back."
- That's slow, which has a huge chilling effect on feedback.
- Worse, since the boss sees it last, it implies: "I may revise your changes at any time without telling you." Therefore, only the boss feels real ownership.
This is just an Excerpt of the full article
Free NEVERBOSS Book Resources
Posters, charts, and tools you've seen in the story.
Start transforming your organization NOW.
The Hands-Off Leadership Community
Start mastering Hands-Off Leadership:
- Get the NEVERBOSS and Hands-Off Leadership resources you read about in the book.
- Help and be helped.
- Chat and build relationships with coaches and other Hands-Off Leaders worldwide.
- Help improve our collaborative tools.
- Be notified as new NEVERBOSS resources are released.
Join us in changing the way the world leads.
Get access to all the NEVERBOSS book resources.
Leadership Is Social!
Join the Conversation on Any Page
- Share your thoughts in the comment boxes at the bottom
- Discuss and connect outside of Neverboss U using social media
- Add comments and corrections directly to resource documents. Share insights, make suggestions.
- Practice "collaborative building" together, which is so important to Hands-Off Leadership.