TEMPLATE: Zone Chart (Zones and Roles)
An Org Chart That Empowers Instead of Controlling
Traditional organization charts tell people their job descriptions and who they answer to. The result is traditional, top-down management.
A Zone Chart is different. It focuses on authority: zones and roles within those zones, so people know each other's areas, expertise, authority, MPAs, and how to support each other. Zone Charts are also collaborative, so cross-functional teams emerge quickly, anytime. When needs arise, form a team from the stakeholders. Disband just as quickly when those needs are handled (and archive the team in case you need it later).
Click the Zone Chart image below to open a Google Doc template you can copy and share freely. Make a copy and start creating your own team, department, and company Zone Charts.
See the ACTION below it that relates to the Zone Chart, with additional detail from the book.
This is just an Excerpt of the full article
Free NEVERBOSS Book Resources
Posters, charts, and tools you've seen in the story.
Start transforming your organization NOW.
The Hands-Off Leadership Community
Start mastering Hands-Off Leadership:
- Get the NEVERBOSS and Hands-Off Leadership resources you read about in the book.
- Help and be helped.
- Chat and build relationships with coaches and other Hands-Off Leaders worldwide.
- Help improve our collaborative tools.
- Be notified as new NEVERBOSS resources are released.
Join us in changing the way the world leads.
Get access to all the NEVERBOSS book resources.
Leadership Is Social!
Join the Conversation on Any Page
- Share your thoughts in the comment boxes at the bottom
- Discuss and connect outside of Neverboss U using social media
- Add comments and corrections directly to resource documents. Share insights, make suggestions.
- Practice "collaborative building" together, which is so important to Hands-Off Leadership.